Saturday, February 7, 2009

Literal thinking..

One of the weirdest abilities I have is "Literal thinking"..

And by that, I mean, just think literally of anything that sounds weird..

To me, it's a great ability that not alot of people appreciate (They think it's plain stupid).. Why I think it's great?

Because it makes things probably easier to understand but mostly funny to process (if you can add a touch of imagination)..

Here's a good example happened a while ago:



My friend got back from Australia for a vacation from his Naval Biology whatever he's studying.. So I asked him "What would you do when you graduate? What would your work be like?".. He replied "I'll be planting and growing fish"..

Saying that, my mind started the literal mode and worked the imagination thingy in my head.. Here's what I imagined:









Yes.. My mind can go this literal and sometimes even worst.. I know he meant "breed" by "plant" and all.. But my min functions this way and I just laughed..

And sometimes when someone say "I'm tired" I just think of it as if he was a "Tire (As in, a car's Tire.. Or maybe Tyre)" but he changed to something else (maybe a steering wheel)..

Not like I don't understand what they mean by what they say, but sometimes my mind ignites the literal spark and visions appears before my eyes and drop me laughing..

People think it's stupid, I think it's a way to make me laugh whenever\however I want.. And sometimes it helps when I'm with my friends and they're all talking about "Soccer", I just live in my own little literal world and keep myself occupied..



Things I learned from this thingy:
* Photoshop is WAY easier to draw comics and simple drawings (like the one I made) than MSPAINT in WindowsXP (It changes in Windows7.. I should give it a shot though) :P
* When you get sick, this ability's limits gets pushed a little further
* (Coffee, Sugar and Chocolate) + (Literal thinking): People will think you're on a crack.. Well, alot of people thought I'm on crack.. Whether with'em or not :P

1 comment:

  1. lol, teach a man how to catch a fish he'll live for a day, teach a man how to make fish-tree he'll live forever! :D

    ReplyDelete