Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Did you enjoy 25th of Feb? I didn't... And my friends didn't as well...

25th of Feb is Kuwait's National Day...

If you've been in Kuwait, you know that the streets will be foamed... Leaving the fact that we HATE foaming thingies in Kuwait and hate the fact that Non-Kuwaitis are celebrating this event (It's Kuwait's National Day... Why Zalamat and Indians celebrate it? It's not Liberation day)

Me and my friends wanted to play basketball in Marina Mall's courts (Celebrating this isn't something we'd do)...

Now, I'll explain why things were bad in my side:

* I was planning on staying home and playing PS3, but I couldn't... They forced me to do so...
* Then when I thought I'm going out, I had to deal with some labor stuff in my house...
* When I finished home labor, my sister gave me some stuff to deliver to her friend...
* I picked up my friend and delivered what she wanted me to drop, then called me to force me on coming back and pick up what she forgot to give me to deliver...
* It's already late and my friends are playing there, so I had to drop my friend from Jabriya to Marina Mall and then come back to Jabriya...

That basically explain why my day was bad... And because of that, I missed the game...



Now allow me to explain why my friends suffered:



One of my friend got his mobile stolen while playing there... His mobile got his friends numbers from his country (Romania)... Now it'll be a pain in the ass to get the numbers back SPECIALLY since his Romanian friends only knows his mobile number... Luckily he's half Kuwaiti and he won't have to worry about identity issues...

And another friend (In the same crime) got her mobile and wallet stolen... Her wallet got her Social Security Number (She's Canadian), credit card (Under her dad's name which hols 1500KD), Abu Dhabi health insurance card, 40KD and other important stuff...
She have to:
* Call her dad to cancel his card which got stolen...
* Go and cancel (or replace) her mobile's SIM card which got numbers that she really depends on for her business...
* Suffer to contact the Canadian embassy to let them know...
* Wait for weeks\months to get her important cards back...



Leaving the argument that it was their fault for being clumsy and careless (Which they mostly weren't), actions were taking and all... But why would someone steal these stuff?
I mean OK, screw the money... Atleast leave the important stuff that you won't have any use of so you wouldn't destroy lives...

How do you want people to think of Kuwait\Kuwaiti people in a possitive way?


So anyways... 25th wasn't a good day for us... I hope whoever reads this (Or not) is having a wonderful day in whatever measurment they're considering...

3 comments:

  1. why would kuwaitis be the one stealing ur friends things?? how come you assumed we would steal them and not someone from other nationalities??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous:
    In case you haven't read properly (Or read this while you're half sleep), I'd like to quote back two things:
    1) "Why would someone steal these stuff?"
    2) "How do you want people to think of Kuwait\Kuwaiti people in a possitive way?"

    Explanation of (1):
    Did I say Kuwaitis? Did I say mention any specific nationality? I just said someone... Please... That could even be an Alien from Mars...

    Explanation of (2):
    Such incident reflects a bad image to Kuwait\Kuwaitis as well since this incident happened in Kuwait... Ofcourse, it could've been any other Zalama, Indian, Paki or even American or someone from Antarctica (If there's somekinda country in there), but people would mainly think Kuwait\Kuwaitis because this happened in Kuwait...

    Beside, this "\" is my way of saying AND\OR... As in, it could be "Kuwait and Kuwaitis" or "Kuwait or Kuwaitis"...

    And actually, they weren't Kuwaitis for sure... We were suspecting some Shammies (Syrian, Lebanese, Jordanians and similarities that commonly called "Zalamat") since they were the closest to the crime scene and they came back and forth...


    I'd say:
    RTFM (Read The Fucking Manual) before posting...

    --------------------------------------

    @Neoark:
    <,<"

    ReplyDelete