Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gulf Street idiotic car (Sport Related) marching

I'm not a soccer fan (Yes, Soccer.. NOT FOOTBALL!!!).. But I know for sure that this annoyed ATLEAST me and few friends in my car.. And I know this is so old but I didn't have enough time to write anything here..

All I know about the tournament is that, Oman won the whole thing beating KSA and Kuwait and Qatar fought for the 3rd place.

Yea yea.. Kuwait didn't make it to the final match.. I'm sure alot would go "They suck!!" and others would go "They gave their best".. I personally go with the "They suck!!" option.. But that's just me..

I'm trying to understand the stupid and idiotic Gulf Street Car March whenever Kuwait wins a match yet I always fail understanding that reason..

I would totally understand if it was some Asian or World title.. But not for such title..

It's ok to go hyper and active when they score a goal, win the match.. But don't over do it and take it out on Gulf Street..

Now, did the marching and cheering do them any good? They only reached the 3rd\4th place.. Not even the SECOND!!

From the start of this tournament, a friend told me they'll do good this time and I simply replied with "Never expect anything from wannabes".. Well, I believe I'm right in this one..



After watching the video above from 4th Ring Road, I started to wonder if our players would be scolded an bitched at the KSA way (I'm sure they won't.. They' probably be given candy so they wouldn't cry :P)..

Alright, so Kuwait didn't make it to the final and Oman did claimed the title..

Good for them and all.. But why did some Omani cars have to do little Gulf Street marching HERE IN KUWAIT!?

Is it because we couldn't be there at the finals? Or is it because you were really bored and felt like doing it? Actually, I think it's because its their first time claiming such title..

I'm really happy for them because they really have the right to do so. They could go nuts about it in their own country.. It'll even be bigger, proper and much better than doing it in 4~5-cars in a marching party..

Why do they have to bring it HERE IN KUWAIT!?

Leaving Kuwait soccer (sux0r) team aside, Why don't they do such marchings when another Kuwait Team from a totally different sport wins an important title?

I'm sure we have great GREAT athletes here in Kuwait; Ali Mohamed Al-Zinkawi and Fawzi Dahash Awadh Al-Shammari (I didn't know about'em, just googled the "Athletes of Kuwait" and got some Wikipedia page about'em).. They even made it to Wikipedia damn it!!

We have a great Handball Team as well!! Why don't we do Gulf Street march for'em? I bet you can't even do that in your neighbourhood, can you? :P

Why don't I do such thing? I'm not a sport fan.. I like playing it just to have some fun (And maybe for the excersize's sake) but not cheer insanely like most of Soccer fans..





Things I learned from Soccer fanboyism:
* Don't go out to Gulf Street when a soccer team wins (whether it was a local or foreign team).. Which means almost every single day :P
* Kuwait actually got great athletes.
* Kuwait youth is mostly formed by soccer (sux0r) fans.
* The "Half Barcelona, Half Qadsiya" sticker on a Nissan Patrol is really retard!!

3 comments:

  1. lol, u gotta be kidding, shako!! well it's weird enough, maybe they haven't celebrate for a while they wanna celebrate the winner XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe...... BUT NOT IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hate to say this but you are totally right .. in kuwait ppl only know soccer or football !! and all other sports are not that well encourged !!

    ReplyDelete