Friday, May 8, 2009

Ow... My back...

I'm not an active sport guy...

I do sports whenever I really need to... Like, when I run away from my friends wanting to beat the crap out of me because I said a lame joke (Which stalled them for few seconds giving me some time to run while they think about the joke) or my college class...

Anyway, for some reason, my back hurts which that it wasn't any of a big deal...

But I went to the doctor just to check it up... After all, it was in the middle of my backbone...

The doctor almost literally said "Tsk... You just pulled a muscle... Grow up kiddo"...

He said to come by if nothing changed in 3 days... In my own mind, I was like "Such a lazy ass... But it's ok, I'll play along with'em"...


After a week from that day, my back pain actually grew, let's say, a double and half times the pain it actually caused back then... It's not that I can't bear with it... It's just annoying and I'm starting to worry because, hey, it's my back and the middle of the backbone... If it's something, I might lose an important part...

So I went to the doc again (Another doc though) and explained the whole thing... He asked me to take an X-ray image of my back and the guy who took the image made me pose like a model laying on some flat plastic bed :P

He looked at the image and all and was like "You need to rest... It's only the muscle that you pulled"...

I thought "Bullshit!! A muscle pull wouldn't last this long"... He resumed "You need to stay in bed for atleast 2 days... As in, the only time you get off the bad is to answer the nature's call"...

Ofcourse his answer didn't satisfy me... So I just played along and was like "Hopefully the time to sleep that amount of time would come..."



Well, alot of things happened and all... I have flu now thanks to my nieces and all... So I decided to relax and stay home yesterday... Which I did...

I played Call of Duty 5 and HAWX... Went to bed by 18:00... Woke up by 10:00...

To me, it's a big accomplishment since I haven't been able to sleep for more than 5 hours in the last few months...



I woke up to check my back, and the pain is 3/4 gone... I can't really believe it... The docs were right...

Now I feel like going out and pull that muscle again to have an excuse to stay home and be treated :P

Come to think of it, How the hell did I pull that muscle? By STANDING OFF MY COMPUTER CHAIR!?



Lessons to be learned:
* Public Hospital aren't that bad... Yes, we see slacky docs every now'n'then, but there's good ones as well
* Must keep my nieces away from me... They made me sick :P
* I should buy more chocolate to entertain me while I'm in bed :P

1 comment:

  1. lol hope you will feel better soon !! i'll ask the evil company to send ya some flowers :P lol that might be poisoned as well ha ha ha !!

    why the hell would your nieces make ya sick ??? lol your mean !! :D


    and yeah yeah more chocolate fatty :P

    ReplyDelete