Thursday, May 21, 2009

Signs where Kuwait started to turn bad: KINDERGARTEN

So I was getting outta my room heading out to literally run away from home and meet up with a friend that I haven't seen for months...

On my way out, I heard my niece asking my sister (her mom) this cute little question (I'll write it in Arabic to show my point):
"ماما ... صج هوت دوج بالانجليزي يعني نقينقة*؟"

*Nuqainuqa since the marks aren't properly shown in Arabic...

I literally kept on laughing for 5 minutes maybe... Not that much of a laughter, but when I came to my senses, I realized how WRONG that was...



My niece is still in kindergarten... I asked my sister where did she learn that and she said it was her teacher who taught my niece that...

Now seriously, this incident explained and clarified several things for me:

ONE - YOU THINK IT'S CUTE, BUT IT'S WRONG:

Hearing funny stuff coming from children is fun and cute...
My niece used to call me "Walaal" and her sister calls me "Dalaal" now (Thanks to her, my friends are calling me "Dalaal" as well)...
My youngest brother used to call me "Thalaal" because he had hard time saying "R" which was kinda cute
I used to say "مايطافي" as in "مطافي"... I didn't know back then...
My niece calls the computer "Oh My God" since her mom always yells "OH MY GOD" every time she get's close to the computer...

Cute children, cute names, but things will be ugly if they grew up keeping these names without knowing (Or teaching them) the real and true names...

Let's go back to the hot dog event...

There's two reason (I came up with) to tell the little child that wrong "Nuqainuqa" name:

1) The teacher don't know the English name for it.
If that's the case, I have several questions:
a. WHY THE HELL DID SHE OPEN HER MOUTH AND SPOKE WITH SOMETHING SHE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT!?
b. HOW THE HELL DID SHE BECOME A TEACHER NOT KNOWING SUCH A SIMPLE, EASY AND COMMON WORD?
c. WHO THE HELL DID QUALIFY YOU TO BECOME A TEACHER?
d. WHO THE HELL WOULD HIRE SUCH TEACHER THAT LACKS SUCH ENGLISH SKILLS!?

If that wasn't the case (Which is probably is not), I have this question:
WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU CORRECT THE CHILD'S DEFINITION AND WRONGNESS!?

2) The teacher didn't know that feeding them wrong definitions and words in early years is like writing on cement; easily written when wet, almost impossible (Or let's just say hard) to erase when dry (As in, they get old).

Teachers shouldn't do that... They should at least say "I don't know" if they literally DON'T KNOW!!

There's a total difference between "Someone who knows stuff and can teach" and a "Teacher"...

Teacher (Specially kindergarten teachers) has other responsibilities than just "Deliver information to students"... They have to EDUCATE them... Teach them manners... Teach them true from false... Right from wrong... Do from Don't... They have to correct whatever wrong behavior they aquired even if it means contacting their parents to tell them about it...

I know it's not easy to handle kids and children because of their innocent and pure souls and minds... But if you're not up to handling them properly, you're better off not dealing with'em at all because, without knowing it, you'll create a generation that's built on false facts and wrong ideas...

I remember my Arabic teacher back when I was 7 years old... I asked him a question that my dad knew the answer for it but he didn't... I was really shocked like "You're a teacher!! How can you not know that!?"... He simply replied with "No one is born knowing everything... We all keep on learning... I know some stuff that you don't know, and you probably know some stuff that I don't know... I know more Arabic stuff, you probably know more Science and math stuff than me"... I was stunned because he didn't lie and he gave me the flawless reply... I had to respect him more than ANY other teacher in the world...

In general, When it comes to teaching, you don't feed your students with wrong info and answers... You whether say "I don't know" or "I don't know, I'll look it up in my own books and give you a good answer tomorrow (Or later)"...



That concludes my first part of the "Signs where Kuwait started to turn bad"...


NOTES:
My sister went to that fake teacher and gave her a headache for feeding her daughter wrong stuff... I wouldn't surprised if she spat on her face... She'd get that aggressive :P

3 comments:

  1. nogingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THAT CRACKED ME UP REAL HARD !!! LOL !!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I get it?
    What's wrong with the word nuqainuqa نقينقة?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Navy Girl:
    Doesn't it? I almost throw up from how crazy it is... But it's still wrong... Yet still funny :P

    Anonymous:
    Well, it's (according to the teacher) hotdog in english...

    ReplyDelete