Monday, August 17, 2009

Oh, so there's nothing wrong from your side!

ME: ********* resident technical support, Rand_4 is speaking, how may I help?
Customer: Yes, I've been trying to connect for the last few days, it doesn't log in at all! Something wrong from your side?
ME: I can't tell without checking...

***Took the customer's account details, turned out that his line have been up for 2 weeks without a single drop. and his line can hold up to 8Mbps (He subscribed for 1Mbps)***

ME: Sir, the line is connected for 2 weeks without a single drop.
Customer: How can that be? I've been trying to connect for the last few days and nothing work; no MSN Messenger, no SKYPE, no WoW, no nothing! Is there a new cut in the submarine cables again?
ME: We haven't been informed about any though I doubt. But from what I see in my sys... (interrupted)
Customer: Then why it doesn't work?
ME: I don't know, probably something from your side, let's check few stuff in your computer. If nothing worked, I'll write a request to send you a technician to check things out.
Customer: OK.

***Checked the IP configurations. Long story short, I kinda figured that his workplace doesn't have DHCP enabled so he HAVE to set things manually. The guy forgot to switch his settings to (Obtain from server) for both IP Addresses and DNS settings***

ME: So there you go. Problem solved. Anything else I can help you with?
Customer: What was the problem?
ME: Just to make sure, you take your laptop to your work, right?
Customer: Yes, why?
ME: Well, your work uses specific IP Addresses that only works in their sy... (interrupted)
Customer: Arabic please.
ME: OK, Your work place has specific set of configuration that they applied on your laptop that doesn't work on your router. So basically, you weren't able to connect because you kept the work's settings you just didn't reconfigured things.
Customer: Oh, so there's nothing from your side!
ME: Yes, you had configuration issues and we just solved it.
Customer: No submarine cables issues?
ME: No, we haven't been informed about it. And I doubt that will happen.
Customer: Oh ok, bye.
ME: Anythi... (Customer hung up)

Now, this isn't the first customer that acts this rude and ill-mannered. So I kinda got used to it.

But seriously, did people get used to the "Submarine cable issues" incidents that, they assume instantly it's the problem?

And what's with the interrupting attitude? I'd understand if he was a teenager or an old-fashioned old man (Don't get me wrong, they're well mannered [few exceptions with teenagers], but they usually snap when they sense something wrong). But he was a FUCKING DOCTOR!!!

How did I know? There's "Dr. " before his name... Well, whatever...



Next story will be titled: "IT DOESN'T WORK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment