Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm 4 months leech old!

To give you a brief about my work, I work in ********* ISP in the resident helpdesk department. We're operational 24/7 and the guys here work really hard regardless what people usually say...

I wont be mentioning real names since I consider'em company's secrets... So here we go:

ME: ********* resident technical support, Rand_4 is speaking, how may I help?
Customer: I can't connect to my wireless. Can you help me?

***We provide wireless support if (And only if) they bought our router because we configure the remote access so we could fix things remotely***

ME: Ofcourse, what's your DSL phone number?
Customer: It's 2*******.

***Few keystrokes and mouse clicks to check our system***

ME: Sir, do you remember your wireless key?
Customer: Wireless key? My wireless was open the whole time! It just got locked today for some reason.
ME: Are you the only use in the house?
Customer: Yes, I've been using it for 4 months without password or wireless key or whatever.

***Few more keystrokes and mouse clicks to access his router and check things out***

ME: Sir, your wireless network's name is *********?
Customer: No, it's XXXX.

***Note that (*********) is the ISP's name, we usually set the router to the ISP's name, while (XXXX) is the router's brand name which is the same brand that we sell***

ME: Sir, your router is ********* and the password is ##########... You probably have been using the neighbor's wireless for the last four months!
Customer: What? You mean, I've been paying for 4 months without using my DSL connection at all!?
ME: Seems like it. In any event, your wireless name is ********* and the password is XXXXXXXXXX... Do you want me to guide you through connecting to yours?
Customer: Yes, please.

***Guiding the customer through connecting the laptop to his wireless router... And luckily, he's using Windows Vista, way easy to guide over the phone: Just click on the wireless icon, choose your connection, put password and you're in***

ME: So, are you online now? Can you access any website?
Customer: Yes, but how can I make sure it's not slow?
ME: Go to download.com, download any big file and tell me the download speed.

***Guided the customer to download AVG Antivirus just to see if it's actually slow or not***

Customer: I didn't get that number before!
ME: Well, that's your internet speed. The connection you've been using is probably the neighbor's and they seem to be subscribed for something slower than your connection.
Customer: I knew there's something wrong. Thank you so much for helping me.
ME: Anything else I can help you with?
Customer: Kidding me? I'll download the whole internet now! Thank you so much!!
ME: Thank you for calling *********. Have a nice day.

So I hung up the phone, went to my supervisor and told him about the incident, he sprayed his coffee laughing...



Seriously, The customer subscribed in *********, wouldn't it be so obvious that the ********* wireless connection is his noting that the signal was SO POWERFUL (Almost full) compared to the other XXXX with almost no signal?





Next story will be titled: "Oh, so there's nothing wrong from your side!"

3 comments:

  1. LoL
    cute the guy !!!!!

    walla 7aram he was paying all this time and not using it :(

    well i guess now he is getting his money back by downloading the whole internet :P

    cant wait for the next one !!!!!!!

    Enjoyed this one !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the extreme delay to reply, but I'm really happy that you did like it =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3ajeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb!!!!

    lol, that was so funny!!

    If i were in his place, i wouldn't know what to do; be happy for having a fast internet connection or be sad for what i've been doing for 4 MONTHS!!!

    DUDE, this is awesome, keep up the awesome stuff;)

    ReplyDelete